Gladius is a dynamic combat RPG featuring brutal turn-based gladiator battles. The single and multiplayer game is set in the ancient Rome-inspired city of Imperia, where the world's toughest gladiators gather to train and compete in a series of rigorous do-or-die tournaments in the city's fabled arenas. Players are challenged to build and control a school of gladiators to fight in an escalating series of competitions against other schools. Fight well and live to compete another day. Fight poorly and risk the down-turned thumb of the Emperor.
- Huge overall scope, offering an estimated 36 hours of play in each of the game's two story lines
- Journey across four diverse geographical regions, each containing a variety of warriors that players must recruit and train.
- Battles occur throughout the game's expansive 20 arenas and 12 other locations.
- High level of interaction via arcade style swing meter, enhances the power of attacks
- Successful fights earn victorious players highly coveted certificates and the approval of the Emperor, moving you one step closer to unlocking the next region.
- Control a school of gladiators from 16 unique classes, including the powerful Imperial Legionary, the witches of the Galdr class, and the javelin throwing Peltast class.
- More than 100 customizable character types, hundreds of skills, and over 400 unique weapons, helmets, shields, and other accessories with which to equip warriors