In Battlefield 1942, you will experience the heat of battle as you heroically storm the beaches of Normandy, drive a tank across the deserts of northern Africa, pilot a fighter plane during the Battle of Midway, command a battleship at Guadalcanal, or parachute and commandeer a jeep in operation Market Garden. It is the only first person, team-based action game that places you in the midst of a raging WWII battlefield with 35 "machines of war" under your control. You’ll pick up the sidearm of your choice and get behind the wheel of a variety of vehicles, ships, and aircraft to go to war on land, sea, and air during some of the most famous and pivotal battles of the Second World War.
· Machines of War. Get behind the controls of 35 historically accurate WWII vehicles and fight a raging battle on land, sea, or air! Charge across the desert in a powerful tank or transport troops into battle in an armored APC. Pilot a heavy bomber over the drop zone or engage in a nail-biting dogfight. Fire the guns of a mighty battleship or prowl the sea-lanes in a submarine. The outcome of the battle depends upon the choices you make.
· Battle Online . Go online to take part in raging multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Teamwork and cooperation from each member are required in order to achieve victory.
· Choose Your Side. Enter the war as a soldier in one of five WWII armies: American, German, British, Russian, or Japanese.
· Specialized Character Kits. Enter the fray as one of five specialized character classes -- assault, medic, scout, anti-tank, or engineer -- each with unique strengths and weaknesses.
· Arm Yourself for Action! Choose from 19 authentic WWII handheld weapons, including two stationary machine guns, to take into battle.
· A Global Conflict. Engage in battle across 16 huge maps, based in great detail upon the four main WWII theaters of war: North Africa, South Asia Pacific, Western Europe and Eastern Europe.
· Unlimited Action.Three multiplayer modes -- Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Conquest -- as well as a robust single player experience.