The GAP Presents SOTD and AMR Event
Posted 04:52pm 12/05/11 by: Joaby
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the BigPond® Games - "The GAP Presents SOTD and AMR Event" Promotion
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. The promoter is Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of 400 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 ("Promoter").
3. The Promotion will be open from 5.00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("AEDT") on 12 May 2011 and will continue until 5.00pm AEDT on 17 May 2011 ("Promotion Period").
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years and over, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes), and their immediate families ("Eligible Entrants").
5. To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
* i. Send an email to gamesFeedback@team.telstra.com answering the question "Why should we choose you to attend?".
6. Only one entry per Eligible Entrant will be accepted. All Eligible Entries will be assessed in the judging process.
7. Judging of all Eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period will take place on 18 May 2011 ("Judging Period"). The judging will take place at Level 3, 400 George Street, Sydney. Judging will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter. This is a game of skill only and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
8. The 20 Eligible Entrants deemed by the judge, in the judge's sole and absolute discretion, to have the most creative and valid Eligible Entry, will receive from the Promoter the major prize including:
* i. A double pass to an advanced screening party for Shadows of the Damned and Alice: Madness Returns at a to be announced location in Darlinghurst. ($100.)
9. The total prize pool value of the 20 Major Prizes is $2000.00 (incl GST).
11. The Prize winners will be notified by email using the details supplied by the winners in their Eligible Entries to the Promotion.
12. The Prizes will be sent by the Promoter via email.
13. Any Prizes which have not been claimed by 5 June 2010 will be distributed at the Promoter's absolute discretion.
14. Prizes are not exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with the Prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
15. The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any Prize (or any component of any Prize).
17. If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value.
18. The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
20. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
21. Any Eligible Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event of a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights (intellectual property rights), are not eligible to win.
24. By entering the Promotion, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoter's Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1800 039 059.
25. By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
i. they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
ii. the Promoter may use such comments and (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to the entrant;
iii. the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
iv. the entrant acknowledges that, by entering the Promotion, the entrant grants to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
v. the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of the entrant's moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
vi. the entrant waives all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
vii. the entrant agrees not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of the entrant's Moral Rights in the Materials.
26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
Showing 1 to 5 of 24 Topics
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the BigPond® Games - "The GAP Presents SOTD and AMR Event" Promotion 1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms a...
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the BigPond® Games - "Tron Legacy" Promotion 1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry. ...
While the hardcore publishers like EA and Activision Blizzard push further into the casual market with the likes of the Guitar Hero series and EA's Wii line-up, PopCap Games is swimming against the current. Having already conquered the casual world with the Bejeweled series and Peggle, PopCap's newest title Plants vs Zombies is an interesting combination of casual and hardcore elements...
Gunplay, story and driving. That’s the three things that Mafia II’s producer Denby Grace wants to nail with the sequel to the surprisingly good Mafia: City of Lost Heaven. Back in 2002, Grace was a lowly QA guy, slaving to find bugs in a game which nobody really could accurately predict success or failure on. Flash forward a handful of years – through the likes of Prey, Don King’s Prizefighter, and most notably, The Darkness, and Grace is back on a Mafia title, but this time in the driver’s seat of what must be his most important game yet. Oh and he's putting it out the year after Take Two-contracted outfit Rockstar North rocked our worlds with Grand Theft Auto IV. Pressure? Maybe...
Red Faction: Guerilla MP Hands-On pcps3xbox360
My fellow journos are bouncing around the map like mad men desperately trying to kill the other team's flag carrier. The kills on both sides tick over, but the flag doesn't reset. I'm sitting with the enemy flag gripped only metres from the capture point, waiting patiently for my chance to score. The whole time I know they're coming, bringing weapons that won't just destroy me - they'll destroy the world around me...
Showing 1 to 5 of 24 Topics
Recent Game Previews
The GAP Presents SOTD and AMR Event
Posted 12 May 11, 4:52pm by: Joaby
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the BigPond® Games - "Tron Legacy" Promotion
Posted 09 Dec 10, 1:04pm by: Joaby
Plants vs Zombies Hands-On Preview
Posted 13 May 09, 8:13am by: Joaby
AU Exclusive: Mafia II first look
Posted 13 May 09, 8:11am by: kreese
Red Faction: Guerilla MP Hands-On
Posted 13 May 09, 8:09am by: Joaby