Urban Terror v4.1.1 for Mac OS X/Linux
BigPond Media Downloader
RATING - Click and drag to rate (2 votes)
Posted: 29 Apr 2011, 9:58am
You're creeping through a deserted city late at night, ducking behind walls, slinking from shadow to shadow. Somewhere someone in this city has a sniper rifle, and their scope is zoomed, looking for you. You've tossed away your SPAS12 assault shotgun, useless since it ran out of shells, and now you're armed only with your trusty .50 Desert Eagle pistol. Was that footsteps you heard up there, near that open window? Dare you stick your head up into the light to take a look? Better creep around the back way, silent as possible and ambush that sniper from behind. You may only get one shot...
This is a possible scenario from Urban Terror, a 'realistic' total conversion mod for Quake 3 Arena. What that means is that Urban Terror is a game based on Quake 3 that replaces the normal Quake 3 weapons, maps and game play with weapons, maps and game play that simulates conventional combat situations. Think of it as a online game of skirmish (paintball) - only better!
A number features are being added which make Urban Terror quite a different game to Quake 3. Some of these features include:
- Realistic weapons based on conventional firearms with physics modelled from the real thing: they recoil and behave in a way that simulates the real thing.
- Conventional equipment - laser sights, bullet proof vests thermo goggles to name only a few.
- Maps - real world maps with new textures that will take you out of the Quake 3 Arena and place you into more familiar territory, like a railyard, city, waterfront, hotel or the city streets.
- Player models - new male and female models with a variety of original skins, from FBI agent and G.I. trooper to thug and terrorist.
- Locational damage - you will be able to target different regions of your opponent's body. If you only want to slow them down, aim for the legs: if you want to go for the kill, aim high...
- Bleeding - once you get hit, you start bleeding, so your health gets lower each second until you bandage or bleed to death. The more times you get hit, the faster you bleed.
- Enhanced falling damage - don't try jumping off a three story building unless there's no other way out.
- All new graphics - redesigned heads up display, user interface and game menus.
- Balanced game play and scoring systems - in order to make the mod as enjoyable as possible, we're working to make sure that all weapons are balanced, so the only thing that determines who wins a round is a players skill...We want to reward players with a fair and accurate scoring system (say g'bye to stolen frags).
- And much, much more - We're planning to implement a variety of features, some of which haven't been seen in Quake mods before.
If you want to get more details about the game, check out the forum: there's many details about the game and features being discussed all the time, and if your question isn't answered, then ask one. The development team members come from all over the world, you'll usually get an answer pretty fast.
To be mirrored on GameArena
For weekly updates, subscribe to the GameArena newsletter.