Q4Max v0.74 Mod for Quake 4
BigPond Media Downloader
RATING - Click and drag to rate (0 votes)
Posted: 27 Apr 2006, 5:09pm
Version 0.74 (25 Apr 06)
* add: Q4 1.2 compatibility
* add: Q4 1.1 final changes, including LG buzz fix, support for * in net_serverDlTable, and tick/crosses as ready indicators in the scoreboard.
* add: Spectator locking. "speclock", "specinvite", "specrevoke" commands for players allow teams to be locked from specing. "speclockstrogg", "speclockmarine", "specunlockstrogg", "specunlockmarine", "speclockall", "speckunlockall" for referees to control speclock.
* add: coachmode. "coachinvite" the player you want to be coach - accepted with "coach", and declined with "coachdecline". Can be revoked by team members via "coachrevoke", or by the coach via "cancelcoach". Coaches can only spec the team they're the coach of, but may take part in teamchat (including voicechat). Coaches are highlighted by an orange (strogg) / green (marine) C on the scoreboard.
* add: _button1 / Voice To Followed (coach) in the controls menu : send voicechat to the person you are currently viewing when you're a coach
* add: "unpause" / "timein" commands as alternatives to hitting "pause" and "timeout" a second time.
* add: Announcer counts in at end of pause/timeout. During this period it is possible for a player to re-pause/timeout, in case the unpause/timein was accidental.
* add: Display of amount of time remaining during a timeout.
* add: "cancelref" command to return to an ordinary player having previously been a referee.
* add: Chat token #p - last picked-up item
* add: cg_usehitscantint replacing si_allowhitscantint - made client side.
- 0 - no tinting allowed
- 1 - player hitscan tinting allowed in DM, NO hitscan tinting in team games
- 2 - player hitscan tinting allowed in DM, use strogg-marine colors in team games
- 3 - player hitscan tinting allowed in DM, use teamcolor-enemycolor in team games
- 4 - enemies use cg_enemyHitscanTint and teammates use cg_teamHitscanTint
- 5 - same as 4, except the local player uses ui_hitscantint
* add: ui_showgun 2 - in-view gun model doesn't bob/sway. Also accessible via Settings - Game Options - Draw Gun Model.
* add: Menus updated to include further options, and remove redundant SP options.
* add: Two layer crosshairs. The second layer is controlled via g_customcrosshair2, g_crosshairsize2, g_crosshaircolor2
* add: g_crosshairblink can disable blinking the crosshair red when hits are registered.
* chg: g_crosshairsize no longer limited to specific values. Range 4 - 100.
* chg: g_crosshairCustom number now indicates the file, rather than indicating the file cvar should be checked. g_crosshairCustomFile is now redundant.
* chg: Some stock crosshairs made symmetric. This is required for all the crosshairs to line up properly with each other in two-layer configurations.
* chg: Chat token #i now reports all items (ammo, all health and armor sizes).
* chg: Renamed pm_speed, pm_walkspeed and pm_crouchspeed to g_* to resolve user issues with pm_ set to singleplayer values.
* chg: r_vertexLight can now be enabled on listen servers.
* chg: Show the team scores as well as team counts in CTFS / CA.
* chg: g_clientProjectileCollision defaults to 0. This corrects issues with rockets apparently colliding twice.
* chg: Referees are now highlighted by a yellow R in the scoreboard.
* chg: net_serverDlTable set to blank (the q4 default) is assumed to be the same as *
* chg: Cvar defaults for autodownload are set to automatically download from the q4files repository at http://files.quake4world.com - if your server runs maps not on this server, it is recommended that you upload the maps to this site.
* chg: Reverted spawn logic to that used in q4max 0.72 and earlier.
* chg: When a game ends at timelimit, output the name of the winner / winning team, rather than just "Timelimit hit".
* chg: Exception handler now marks the error report more clearly, and includes the base address in the single line error report. If you get an ACCESS_VIOLATION or any similar error, then please condump and supply as much information as possible - the details from the error log are marked with "8<- - - -" markers before and after.
* chg: Eliminated a couple of repeated warnings (eg precaching head model .cm's), and reduced some others to developer 1.
* fix: Avoid shutting down the server if a map uses Sky Portal Cameras (eg Monsoon), when used in Tourney with 4 or more players.
* fix: server hang on cycling spectators if you're following a player who disconnects, and there is nobody else you can spectate.
* fix: Updated sample mapcycle.config supplied. If si_mapcycle is used to cycle maps / gametypes and the server runs CTFS, CA, or Duel you must use a q4max aware mapcycle. You also most use this if you wish to use gametype cycling, otherwise the server may suffer from shutdowns with no error.
* fix: Two partial solutions to autodownload stripping the first char (engine bug). Set fs_*path without trail slashes, especially fs_basepath. If this is not the case, a warning will be shown. Also, if the missing char is detected, the download will complete, however the client will save the file to the incorrect place.
* fix: idEntity::AddDamageEffect protected against potential ACCESS_VIOLATION errors.
To be mirrored on GameArena
For weekly updates, subscribe to the GameArena newsletter.